Friday, May 24, 2013

But Grace

The faith inside me
is weak at best
no part of me could have guessed
that it would go
this way
and yet here i am
again today.
“cease” the reason within me proclaims
all plans, all hopes, at best a calamity
it seems all in vain.
little support
little reliable
how can this
be any bit viable?
sunken
sullen
broken
all’s been spoken
even as it seems
the dreams
of what i thought
through all battles fought
and now standing here
in this place
i have nothing left
upon which to stand
but...
(additional pause)
Grace...
Grace?
you know, the face
of Jesus
He frees us
to live for something greater
a purpose
this meal to eat
and to the world cater
namely HIM
the brilliance of His glory
for when He is clearly seen
the beams
of radiance
cast shadows
to darken and make pale
revealing the stale
taste of all this life
and so through my strife
if indeed i could call it such
because i am learning there is much
more greatness to this Christ
and the price
we pay
to follow Him
again this day
is nothing
for what is gained
outweighs
all the struggles
these that befuddle
these that confuse
seem to abuse
break
shake
tear
wear
and cut from the inside out
leaves space for Him
as my soul continues to shout
for HIM to fill in the many cracks
of who i am
and so this day
i embrace the attack
upon me
for through this
He makes me free

No comments:

Post a Comment